|Member of Parliament|
|Former Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports (Independent charge) and Minister of State for Defence, Government of India|
28 October 2012 – May 2014
|Prime Minister||Dr Manmohan Singh|
|Preceded by||Ajay Maken|
|Constituency||Alwar , Rajasthan|
|Born||12 June 1971
New Delhi, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
Jitendra Singh (born 12 June 1971) is the former Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports (Independent charge) and the Minister of State for Defence, Government of India. He assumed this charge on 28 October 2012. Formerly, Jitendra Singh was the Minister of State for Home Affairs, Government of India; a position that he assumed in July 2011. He was the Member of Parliament representing the Alwar constituency of Rajasthan. Jitendra Singh is a member of the Indian National Congress.
Jitendra Singh was born into the royal family of Alwar to Yuvraj Shri Pratap Singh & Yuvrani Mahendra Kumari. His grandfather, Sir Tej Singh Prabhakar KCSI was the last ruling Maharaja of Alwar. Prior to his death in Feb 2009, Sir Tej was also the last living member of the Order of the Star of India. On the death of Sir Tej, Jitendra Singh succeeded his paternal grandfather as Head of the Royal House of Alwar.
- Elected as a member of Rajasthan Legislative Assembly representing Alwar City constituency (state parliament of Rajasthan) in 1998.
- Elected for second term as a member of Rajasthan Legislative Assembly representing Alwar City constituency (state parliament of Rajasthan) in 2004.
- Appointed as Secretary, All India Congress Committee in 2007 (assists Rahul Gandhi in his political projects).
- Elected as Member of Parliament to the 15th Lok Sabha (2009-2014) representing the Alwar constituency of Rajasthan in 2009.
- Appointed as Minister of State for Home Affairs, Government of India in July 2011
- Appointed as Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports (Independent charge) and Minister of State for Defence, Government of India in the latest Cabinet reshuffle in Oct 2012.
- 63. Jitendra Singh Election Commission of India.Archived 10 April 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- “Rajasthan – Alwar Assembly Constituency”. Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
- D K Singh (18 January 2008). “Rahul’s new team in place”. The Indian Express. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
- http://eci.nic.in/results/ListofWinningCandidated.pdfPage no 6] Election Commission of India.[dead link]
- “Shri Jitendra Singh”. Fifteenth Lok Sabha – Members Bioprofile. Parliament of India. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
Tej Singh Prabhakar Bahadur
|Titular Maharaja of Alwar
Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports (Independent charge) and the Minister of State for Defence …
May 22, 2016 – MoS of Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), Jitendra Singh has been given the additional charge of handling the Sports Ministry by the Centre.
Jitendra Singh is Loksabha MP of Rajasthan. View Jitendra Singh profile with contact address and political background.
Name, Shri Jitendra Singh. Constituency from which I am elected, Alwar. Father’s Name, Shri Pratap Singh. Mother’s Name, Smt. Mahendra Kumari. Date of Birth …
Father’s/Husband’s Name: DHARAM SINGH. Address: C/O M.C.GANGWAR A-310, INDIRA NAGAR LUCKNOW. Date of Birth: 30/06/1979. Date of Retirement …
Jitendra Singh. Email: jitendr[AT]iitk.ac.in. Office Phone: 08765696074 (M). Department of Mechanical Engineering. Guide: Dr. Shantanu Bhattacharya.